Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program
Applications for the Fall 2019 cohort of Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders are currently closed.
Leadership Program for First-Year and Sophomore Students!
The Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program is designed to help first and second year students explore leadership at Texas State University and beyond. We meet once a week on Mondays for two hours during which participants will engage in interactive team building and leadership development exercises by Leadership Institute staff and guest facilitators.
The program provides a community on campus for students who are interested in being leaders on campus, wish to learn leadership theory and would like to be paired with an upperclassmen mentor. The mentorship component of Pathfinder pairs 3-4 participants with a student leader that is active on campus and has successfully completed a Leadership Institute program. Participants will exit the program with a better understanding of their leadership skills and a commitment to excellence.
Key components of Pathfinder include:
- Defining Leadership
- Myers-Briggs personality assessment
- Values identification
- Leadership advising
- Service and civic engagement
Goal of Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program
As a Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program participant you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the connections between leadership and the university community
- Engage in personal leadership development to obtain the knowledge and skills for assuming leadership roles
- Instill a foundation for future campus and community leaders
- Meet other students who know what it takes to succeed
- Network with experienced leaders and university staff