Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program
The Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program is designed as our foundational program where your leadership journey will begin and set you up for success as you navigate leadership at Texas State University and beyond. We meet once a week on Mondays for an hour and a half during which participants will engage in interactive team building and leadership development exercises by Leadership Institute staff and guest facilitators.
The program provides a community on campus for students who are interested in being leaders on campus, wish to learn leadership theory, and would like to earn valuable skills and knowledge. Participants will exit the program with a better understanding of their leadership skills and a commitment to excellence.
Key Components of Pathfinder: Defining Leadership, Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment, Values Identification, Leadership Advising, Service and Civic Engagement
Goal of Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program
As a Pathfinder: Texas State Emerging Leaders Program participant you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the connections between leadership and the university community
- Engage in personal leadership development to obtain the knowledge and skills for assuming leadership roles
- Instill a foundation for future campus and community leaders
- Meet other students who know what it takes to succeed
- Network with experienced leaders and university staff
COVID-19 UPDATE: To ensure the safety of our participants and the Leadership Institute team, our Pathfinder program will be held virtually unless notified otherwise. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.