Student Leadership Conference Travel Fund
The Dean of Students Office is committed to supporting students who desire to enhance their leadership skills through participation at local, regional, state, national and/or international conferences. The Student Leadership Conference Travel Fund is available to undergraduates who seek financial support to participate in leadership conferences and activities (e.g., conferences, workshops, and trainings) that relate to their current roles in the Texas State community and benefit their overall Texas State University experience. Each year subject to renewal of funds, the Dean of Students Office provides partial financial support for travel, registration and/or lodging expenses associated with a student who is selected through the Leadership Institute to represent Texas State at student leadership conferences.
Examples of past programs that were funded:
- Texas Leadership Summit
- University of Houston Clear Lake Leadership Conference
- Trinity University Fall Leadership Symposium
- Hatton W. Sumners Student Leadership Conference
- Sam Houston Leadership Conference
- Arizona- National Collegiate Leadership Conference
- Pinnacle Leadership Conference - Arizona
- Global Young Leaders Conference
- LeaderShape Institute
- I-LEAD - ACUI
Click here to apply for funding!
The goals of the Student Leadership Conference Travel Fund are to afford selected students an opportunity to positively represent student leadership at Texas State AND learn valuable leadership development knowledge and skills that can be brought back and shared with other student leaders. The expectations for students who receive funding include:
- be fully engaged and attend all conference activities
- complete and turn in all paperwork in a timely manner
- follow all university and conference policies and procedures during the trip
- attend a pre-trip orientation session with Leadership Institute staff
- submit original receipts for approved reimbursements in a timely manner
- complete post-conference evaluation forms
- volunteer 10 hours during the next year for outreach activities associated with sharing information learned and recruiting future student participation in student leadership programs
**Please note that the Leadership Institute prefers to use fund to pay registration fees and transportation costs.Generally speaking, reimbursements will be avoided.